Very friendly writer and support team. The writer followed all instructions and finished before the deadline. clear and well thought out.
Please select ONE case and provide an analysis.
Josie: An Interdisciplinary Case Study of Madness
Go to http://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/cs/collection/ Type “Josie” in the Keyword Box and download the case
This case study is divided into 6 parts. After each part there are a series of questions. Jot down your initial impressions after each part.
Then, answer the following questions and discuss the case with your classmates.
1. Tell the class a brief history of this case.
2. Discuss the presenting problem, i.e., in the beginning did you think Josie was physically or mentally ill? How or why did your thoughts change?
3. What kind of treatment strategy would you recommend? Mention theoretical perspectives, or interventions/techniques and prognosis.
Other considerations (answer at least two of the following)
4. Do you think that Josie’s behavior or appearance influenced the care she received? Why? How did this impact her case?
5. What questions still remain? What other information would help you decide what is wrong with Josie?
6. With respect to the general public, how has the treatment of the mentally ill changed over time?
7. Do you think that medical professionals are sufficiently trained to differentiate medical from psychological illness? Why or why not? Can you give us an example of another illness which presents as a psychological concern but is chemically based?
Please go to the following case:
1. Discuss some accepted models of mental illness, i.e., psychological, biological, behavioral. How do these differ? What assumptions are being made?
2. How do these different models influence the treatment of people with mental disorders?
3. Tell the class the history of the present case. What does “right to treatment” entail for Singleton? Does Singleton have schizophrenia in your opinion?
4. What are the assumptions about mental illness held by Singleton’s lawyer and the prosecutor? Support your answer with direct quotes from each lawyer.
5. Each lawyer appears to believe in a different model of mental illness. What model is each lawyer using to support his/her argument about how Singleton should be treated?
6. What is artificial sanity? Argue your own side of the case.
Sins of the Mother
Read the attached article. Then answer at least 4 of the following questions.
Gender Reassignment: The Case of a Boy Who Became a Girl
Read the attached case. For the discussion, focus on these questions:
1. Some people have argued that the Johns Hopkins psychologist used this opportunity as an experiment to test
his nurture theory of gender identity. What are the expected results of this experiment, assuming that the
nurture theory is valid?
2. According to the nurture theory, predict the gender identity Bruce would express if he were not subjected to
gender re-assignment surgery and raised as a boy?
3.In light of this newer research on gender identity, what advice would you give parents who are considering
gender re-assignment of a male infant who lacks a penis, but has functional testicles?
Since this is the professional cluster, also comment on the therapist behavior.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more