Very friendly writer and support team. The writer followed all instructions and finished before the deadline. clear and well thought out.
1. ________ is the management function through which managers compare present performance
to preestablished performance standards.
2. Which of the following is an error managers make during the controlling stage of management?
a. Establishing improper communication networks
b. Not exploring enough viable alternatives for reaching objectives
c. Not taking the time to communicate properly with organization members
d. Not establishing departments appropriately
e. Not monitoring progress in carrying out plans
3. ________ resources refer to the machines used during the manufacturing process.
d. Raw material
4. ________ resources refer to the ingredients used directly in the manufacturing of products.
c. Raw material
5. According to Katz, human skills are required for ________.
a. understanding how changes in one part of the organization affect the rest of it
b. working with individual and group interests
c. understanding how the organization relates to its environment
d. designing work processes and procedures
e. applying specialized knowledge and expertise to work-related techniques
6. According to Katz, technical skills involve ________.
a. understanding how the organization relates to its environment
b. applying specialized knowledge and expertise to work-related techniques
c. understanding how changes in one part of the organization affect the rest of it
d. working with people, both individuals and groups, to achieve organizational goals
e. working with people, but not their attitudes and communication
7. People-related activities within an organization include ________.
a. consulting when making decisions
b. clarifying objectives of jobs in organizations
c. proposing new strategies and vision
d. short-term planning
e. encouraging innovative thinking
8. ________ skills involve acting considerate, showing sympathy when someone is upset or anxious, and providing encouragement.
b. Clarifying roles
9. Sarah has been working full-time at Eves Golf Inc. for three years. While in college, she
worked as a part-time employee at Burger King and as an office assistant for a manufacturing
organization. She was recently promoted to manager, and manages a small team that is
responsible for procuring raw materials for their line of golf bags, hats and other accessories.
Considering that careers evolve through a series of stages, in this scenario Sarah’s career is at
the ________ stage.
10. The Gilbreths aimed to increase worker efficiency by ________.
a. reducing the number of movements taken to accomplish a task
b. instituting the piece-rate system for remuneration
c. enforcing minimum criteria for the types of workers hired for a job
d. encouraging teamwork rather than individual work
e. understanding what motivates employees to complete a task
11. Which one of the following conclusions was drawn by the experimenters from the bank wiring observation room experiment?
a. The subjects did not find working in the test room enjoyable.
b. Human factors within organizations could significantly influence production.
c. Improved working conditions resulted in increased production.
d. Social groups in organizations could effectively exert pressure to influence individuals to
disregard monetary incentives.
e. Members of the work group pressured one another to work harder so that each group
member would receive more pay.
12. The Hawthorne Studies sparked the ________, a people-oriented approach to management in
which the interaction of people in organizations is studied to judge its impact on organizational
a. behavioral study movement
b. motion studies initiative
c. “one best way” model
d. human relations movement
e. scientific management movement
13. Dress codes are a contentious subject in workplaces with Gen Y workers favoring a more
casual style than older workers, who are often uncomfortable with the idea of wearing casual
clothes to work. Human resources departments often find it difficult to enforce company dress
codes appropriately. Managers find that one of the ways to address this situation is using the
contingency approach. Which of the following is the best example of the contingency approach
a. Rotec Inc. requires all employees to dress formally throughout the week and allows
business casuals on Fridays.
b. Sandman Designs allows employees who don’t meet clients to dress casually, while
employees who must meet clients are required to wear formals.
c. Waterstones observed and compared employee behavior and productivity on “formal
wear” and “casual wear” days and used the findings to devise a company dress code.
d. Letterman Inc. invited employees to share their clothing preferences and used these
suggestions to frame a company dress code.
e. G&B Solutions developed a series of guidelines to let employees know what is
considered appropriate and inappropriate office wear.
14. The use of the classical, behavioral and management science approaches as sources of
information to analyze the management system is referred to as ________ management.
15. Every Monday morning, the hundred-odd employees at Axis Systems Ltd. meet to discuss the work situation. The managers of various departments summarize what their departments have
done over the past week. Employees can track the various stages of any project and understand
how their tasks fit into the whole process. This illustrates the ________ aspect of a learning
a. team learning
b. triangular management
c. systems thinking
d. the contingency approach
e. the behavioral approach
16. Which of the following propositions of the Davis Model of Corporate Social Responsibility
states that business cannot be expected to completely finance activities that may be socially
advantageous but economically disadvantageous?
a. Proposition 3: The social costs and benefits of an activity, product, or service shall be
thoroughly calculated and considered in deciding whether to proceed with it.
b. Proposition 2: Business shall operate as a two-way open system, with open receipt of
inputs from society and open disclosure of its operations to the public.
c. Proposition 1: Social responsibility arises from social power.
d. Proposition 4: The social costs related to each activity, product or service shall be
passed on to the consumer.
e. Proposition 5: Business institutions, as citizens, have the responsibility to become
involved in certain social problems that are outside their normal areas of operation.
17. Managers can fulfill their social obligation towards consumers by ________.
a. abiding to the laws
b. providing safe products
c. increasing the value of the organization
d. providing safe working environments
e. repaying debts
18. Which of the following statements is true about the social responsiveness approach?
a. It sees business as having societal goals, but lacking economic goals.
b. It considers business as having primarily economic purposes and confines social
responsibility activity mainly to existing legislation.
c. It considers business as having both societal and economic goals as well as the
obligation to anticipate potential social problems and work actively toward preventing
d. It sees business as having both economic and societal goals.
e. It sees business as having societal goals and the obligation to anticipate potential social
problems, but lacking economic goals.
19. Which of the following occurs during the controlling process?
a. Determining how the organization will get where it wants to go
b. Guiding the activities of organization members to help attain organizational objectives
c. Making things happen as they were planned to happen
d. Establishing orderly uses for all the organization’s resources
e. Determining how the organization will achieve its objectives
20. A firm that is involved in assisting community organizations dedicated to education, charities
and the arts is conducting a social responsibility measurement in the ________ area.
d. economic function
e. social investment
21. The Finance department at Lewis & Sons only accounts for 10% of the employees, but wields
the most decision-making power and controls resources and information. As a result, the
Finance department is considered to be a ________ within the organization.
a. majority group
b. determinant group
c. secondary group
d. splinter group
e. model minority
22. In an organization, the group of people who lack critical resources, acceptance and social
status is known as the ________.
a. special interest group
b. prime group
c. majority group
d. advocacy group
e. minority group
23. ________ are statistical characteristics of a population.
24. In the ________ stage, managers are unaware of behaviors they engage in that are problematic
for members of other groups.
a. conscious competence
b. unconscious incompetence
c. controlled competence
d. conscious incompetence
e. unconscious competence
25. According to Donaldson and Scannell, managers in the ________ stage are the most effective
with respect to interacting in a diverse workforce.
a. conscious competence
b. unconscious competence
c. unconscious incompetence
d. conscious competition
e. conscious incompetence
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more