Very friendly writer and support team. The writer followed all instructions and finished before the deadline. clear and well thought out.
By now, you have practiced and should understand the sociological research process. You also have a good handle on how the major sociological theories explain social issues. Now, it’s your turn to apply this knowledge. For your final assignment, you’ll review a research article to identify the research conclusion. Then, you’ll take another look at that conclusion from the perspective of one of the major sociological theories.
Instructions: Complete all three parts of the assignment by following the instructions below.
PART A: WHAT DID THE RESEARCHERS LEARN? 1) Article Review:
a) Prepare to complete your assignment by reviewing the articles below. Select one for the focus of your assignment.
• Money, Not Access, Key to Resident Food Choices in ‘Food Deserts’ https://news.ncsu.edu/2017/03/moneyfood-deserts-2017/
• “The narrowing, but persistent, gender gap in pay” http://www.pewresearch.org/facttank/2017/04/03/gender-pay-gap-facts/
• “Bridging a Digital Divide That Leaves Schoolchildren Behind” https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/ technology/fcc-internet-access-school.html
b) Review your selected article several times to familiarize yourself with the content before going to the next step of this assignment.
2) Learn: Use the research information in the article to answer the questions below. You should write at least one paragraph for this step. Refer to Chapter 2 of your webtext as necessary.
a) What were the key findings of the research?
b) What conclusion was drawn from the research?
PART B: WHAT WOULD THE THEORIES SAY? Remember: The four major sociological theories are Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, and Rational Choice Theory. For more information, review Sections 1.8 – 1.12 in your webtext.
Use one of the four major sociological theories to explain the key findings in the research article you reviewed in Part A. You should write two paragraphs, one for each question.
a) How would this theory explain the key findings or conclusion of the research in the article?
b) What limitations does this theory demonstrate in addressing the problem examined in the research article?
PART C: WHAT DO YOU THINK? Use your article to help answer the questions below. You should write two paragraphs, one for each question.
a) What would you suggest to address this problem?
b) What additional research would you conduct to help address the problem examined in the research article?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Use Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
• Use section headers (Learn, Theory, and Solution) and write left indented paragraphs under each corresponding section.
• References are not required for this assignment as you will use one of the assigned articles and your webtext.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more