Very friendly writer and support team. The writer followed all instructions and finished before the deadline. clear and well thought out.
For this Discussion you will develop a working definition of “evidence-based practice” after reading different perspectives on what it means for practices to have a strong evidence base. This definition will assist with future modules as you explore what evidence-based practice looks like in academic and social-emotional instruction within special education.
· Review this module’s Learning Resources and analyze the perspectives for what makes a strategy evidence-based.
· Develop a definition of “evidence-based practice” based on the information gathered from the readings.
· Select two peer-reviewed articles written within the past 3 years that report on a study using evidence-based practices to support your definition.
· Review the Appendix B Checklist from the U.S. Department of Education’s Identifying and Implementing Educational Practices Supported by Rigorous Evidence article in the module’s Learning Resources.
· Review the CEC Standards for Evidence-Based Practices in Special Education.
· Review the CEC evidence-based practice news release.
Post your “evidence-based practice” definition and an evaluation of your selected articles addressing the following:
· A citation for each article and an explanation as to why it was selected
· How would you evaluate the findings based on the checklist? How do the articles measure up to the standards addressed in the checklist?
· How might someone evaluate an observed teaching practice to determine the extent to which it is research-based?
· In what ways might there be differences in the interpretation of what evidence-based specialized instruction is, depending on the particular disability area?
Support your responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and outside resources, as well as personal experience.
Note: To access this week‘s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Coyne, M. D., Kame’enui, E. J., & Carnine, D. W. (2011). Effective teaching strategies that accommodate diverse learners (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Test, D. W., Kemp-Inman, A., Diegelmann, K., Hitt, S. B., & Bethune, L. (2015). Are online sources for identifying evidence-based practices trustworthy? An evaluation. Exceptional Children, 82(1), 58-80.
Council for Exceptional Children. (2014). Council for Exceptional Children standards for evidence-based practices in special education. Retrieved from http://www.cec.sped.org/~/media/Files/Standards/Evidence%20based%20Practices%20and%20Practice/EBP%20FINAL.pdf
Council for Exceptional Children. (2014). CEC releases evidence-based practice standards [Press release]. Retrieved from http://www.cec.sped.org/~/media/Files/Standards/Evidence%20based%20Practices%20and%20Practice/CEC%20Evidence%20Based%20Practice%20News%20Release.pdf
Note: Students will use this as resource for the remainder of the course.
U.S. Department of Education. (2003, December). Identifying and implementing educational practices supported by rigorous evidence: A user friendly guide. Retrieved from http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/rigorousevid/guide.html#title
Note: Look for the PDF download link.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2012b). Introduction to specialized instruction [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 2 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more