It took some time to achieve the product I was looking for, but we eventually got there. I do feel like a lot of hard work was put into this, and it even exceeded the page requirement. I'm pretty pleased overall. I give my thanks.
1. If the sampling distribution of a sample statistic has a mean equal to the parameter it is estimating, then we call that sample statistic
2. A sample of n = 15 items is drawn from a population of manufactured products and the weight of each item is recorded. Prior experience has shown that the weight has a probability distribution with μ = 6 ounces and σ = 2.5 ounces. Which of the following is true about the sampling distribution of the sample mean?
A) The mean of the sampling distribution is 6 ounces.
B) The standard deviation of the sampling distribution is 2.5 ounces.
C) The shape of the sampling distribution is approximately normal.
D) All of the above are correct.
3. Suppose a 95% confidence interval for μ has been constructed. If it is decided to take a larger sample and to decrease the confidence level of the interval, then the resulting interval width would ________. (Assume that the sample statistics gathered would not change very much for the new sample.)
A) be larger than the current interval width
B) be narrower than the current interval width
C) be the same as the current interval width
D) be unknown until actual sample sizes and reliability levels were determined
4. Which of the following could be an appropriate null hypothesis?
A) The mean of a population is equal to 55.
B) The mean of a sample is equal to 55.
C) The mean of a population is greater than 55.
D) Both A and B are appropriate.
5. If an economist wishes to determine whether there is evidence that mean family income in a community exceeds $50,000
A) either a one-tail or two-tail test could be used with equivalent results.
B) a one-tail test should be used.
C) a two-tail test should be used.D) a regression analysis should be performed.
6. We have created a 95% confidence interval for μ with the result (12, 17). What decision will we make if we test H0: μ = 16 versus Ha: μ ≠ 16 at α = 0.05?
A) Reject H0
B) Accept H0
C) Fail to reject H0
D) We cannot tell what our decision will be from the information given
7. Suppose we want to test H0: μ = 30 versus Ha: μ< 30. Which of the following possible sample results based on a sample of size 36 gives the strongest evidence to reject H0 in favor of Ha?
A) = 28, S = 6
B) = 27, S = 4
C) = 32, S = 2
D) = 26, S = 9
8. A major DVD rental chain is considering opening a new store in an area that currently does not have any such stores. The chain will open if there is evidence that more than 5,000 of the 20,000 households in the area are equipped with DVD players. It conducts a telephone poll of 300 randomly selected households in the area and finds that 96 have DVD players. What is the alternative hypothesis (Ha) the chain will use in a hypothesis test?
A) p> 0.32
B) p> 0.25
C) p> 5,000
D) μ> 5,000
9. A manager of the credit department for an oil company states that the mean monthly balance of credit card holders is equal to $75. An auditor selects a random sample of 100 accounts and finds that the mean owed is $83.40 with a sample standard deviation of $23.65. If you wanted to test whether there is evidence that the mean balance is different from $75, which test would you use?
A) Z-test of a population mean
B) Z-test of a population proportion
C) t-test of a population mean
D) t-test of a population proportion
10. If the p-value is less than α in a two-tail test,
A) the null hypothesis should not be rejected.
B) the null hypothesis should be rejected.
C) a one-tail test should be used.
D) no conclusion can be reached.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more