It took some time to achieve the product I was looking for, but we eventually got there. I do feel like a lot of hard work was put into this, and it even exceeded the page requirement. I'm pretty pleased overall. I give my thanks.
Mary Jones is the health information supervisor at Somewhere Home Care, which is Medicare-certified. As required by Medicare, her agency and staff members have been completing and submitting OASIS-C1 data. The staff has been accessing patient data through the OASIS-C1 reports, as well as monitoring and documenting visit patterns and frequency by the agency. In addition, the personnel have been monitoring the cost of supplies utilized per patient. In reviewing the financial data, Mary’s director has indicated that the agency has performed marginally un-der the Medicare prospective payment system. The staff would like to improve financial performance and has met with the leadership team of the agency to discuss a possible plan of action. Although some insurers still pay by the visit, Medicare patients are the largest group in the agency’s payer mix, and Medicare pays a set amount of money for providing care over a 60-day period rather than a per-visit fee. Mary has some statistics available to her to assist the director with formulating a plan. These include:
· The number of patients the agency has had in each HHRG classification over the past 3 years.
· The number of visits (by clinician type, i.e., RN, LPN, HHA, PT, OT, SLP) made to each patient for each 60-day episode of care.
· The average number of visits to patients in each HHRG classification
· Financial data, including reimbursement amounts for each HHRG and the agency-specific costs per each type of visit.
· Primary diagnosis for each patient
· OASIS C1 outcome reports printed for OBQI/OBQM, showing how the agency has performed in outcomes, compared to other agencies in the country.
· Payers mix report, showing the percentage of patients the agency has in each payer source (i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, private pay, etc.). At Somewhere Home Care, 65% of the patients are covered by Medicare.
Investigation into care plans and visit patterns indicate wide fluctuation in visit patterns among clinicians. Patients within the same HHRG category—who basically should be similar—have widely varying visit ranges. Based on the above information and scenario, answer the following questions:
1. What are some significant factors that Mary and her director should consider about their payment sources as they evaluate their financial performance?
2. What statistical data available to Mary would be most helpful in developing an action plan?
3. Where should Mary focus her clinical and medical record expertise?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more