It took some time to achieve the product I was looking for, but we eventually got there. I do feel like a lot of hard work was put into this, and it even exceeded the page requirement. I'm pretty pleased overall. I give my thanks.
[u09a1] Unit 9 Assignment 1 – Journal Article Summary
For this assignment, you will identify a published research article either in the print literature or online in the
Research Library. Your article must be based on empirical (data-based) research; qualitative or purely
descriptive research is not appropriate. Select a journal article in your career specialization that reports a
correlation, a t test, a one-way ANOVA, or some combination of these test statistics. The library guides
listed in the Resources area can help you to locate appropriate articles.
The intent of this assignment is to:
• Expose you to professional literature in your discipline.
• Provide practice in the interpretation of statistical results contained in an empirical (data-based)
• Provide practice in writing and thinking in a concise and economical manner that is typical of scientific
You will summarize the article in a maximum of 600 words using the DAA Template located in the Resources
area. Specific instructions for completing each section of the DAA Template are listed below.
You may use some of the author’s own words to summarize the article with proper citation, but avoid
lengthy direct quotes (such as copying multiple sentences or paragraphs verbatim). You should not exceed
the limit of 600 words. This is a situation where less is better.
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA.
• Provide a brief summary of the journal article.
• Include a definition of the specified variables (predictor, outcome) and corresponding scales of
measurement (nominal, continuous).
• Specify the sample size of the data set.
• Discuss why the journal article is relevant to your career specialization.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA.
• Discuss the assumptions of the statistical test used in the journal article.
◦ If possible, identify information in the article about how these assumptions were tested.
◦ If no information on assumptions is provided, consider this as a limitation of the reported study.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA.
• Specify the research question from the journal article.
• Articulate the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA.
• Report the results of the statistical test using proper APA guidelines. This includes:
◦ The statistical notation (such as r, t, or F).
◦ The degrees of freedom.
◦ The statistical value of r, t, or F, and the p value.
• Report the effect size and interpretation if one is provided.
• Interpret the test statistic with regard to th null hypothesis.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA.
• Discuss the conclusions of the statistical test as it relates to the research question.
• Conclude with an analysis of the strengths and limitations of the study reported in the journal article.
Submit your DAA Template as an attached Word document in the assignment area.
Journal Article Summary Scoring Guide.
Finding Articles by Type: Empirical Research.
Research Guide: Psychology.
APA Style and Format
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more