It took some time to achieve the product I was looking for, but we eventually got there. I do feel like a lot of hard work was put into this, and it even exceeded the page requirement. I'm pretty pleased overall. I give my thanks.
COMMUNITY NURSING Course Reflection
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR4636 course COMMUNITY NURSING.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
-The students will be able to recognize the different level of prevention and apply them in the community (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient-centered care).
-This course will enable the student to place in practice methods of health prevention, promotion and restoration in the communities (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, and teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient.
-The students will be able to educate the communities about the different ways to prevent illness and promote health (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, teamwork, and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient-centered care).
-The student will understand the different tools available to put in place and in the hands of the communities in order to keep them healthy (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient-centered care).
1. Original papers, “NO plagiarism”. The Course Reflection will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely (See Attachment). Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab.
3. The length of the reflection is to be within three to four pages excluding title page and reference pages.
4. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
PREPARING YOUR REFLECTION
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR4636 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. Demonstrate basic knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments, including local, state, national, and global healthcare trends.
2. Describe how health care is organized and financed, including the implications of business principles, such as patient and system cost factors.
3. Compare the benefits and limitations of the major forms of reimbursement on the delivery of healthcare services.
4. Examine legislative and regulatory processes relevant to the provision of health care.
5. Describe state and national statutes, rules, and regulations that authorize and define professional nursing practice.
6. Explore the impact of socio-cultural, economic, legal, and political factors influencing healthcare delivery and practice.
7. Examine the roles and responsibilities of the regulatory agencies and their effect on patient care quality, workplace safety, and the scope of nursing and other health professionals’ practice.
8. Discuss the implications of healthcare policy on issues of access, equity, affordability, and social justice in healthcare delivery.
9. Use an ethical framework to evaluate the impact of social policies on health care, especially for vulnerable populations.
10. Articulate, through a nursing perspective, issues concerning healthcare delivery to decision makers within healthcare organizations and other policy arenas.
11. Participate as a nursing professional in political processes and grassroots legislative efforts to influence healthcare policy.
12. Advocate for consumers and the nursing profession.
13. Assess protective and predictive factors, including genetics, which influence the health of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
14. Conduct a health history, including environmental exposure and a family history that recognizes genetic risks, to identify current and future health problems.
15. Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
16. Use behavioral change techniques to promote health and manage illness.
17. Use evidence¬ based practices to guide health teaching, health counseling, screening, outreach, disease and outbreak investigation, referral, and follow-up throughout the lifespan.
18. Use information and communication technologies in preventive care.
19. Collaborate with other healthcare professionals and patients to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate health promotion and disease and injury prevention interventions.
20. Assess the health, healthcare, and emergency preparedness needs of a defined population.
21. Use clinical judgment and decision-making skills in appropriate, timely nursing care during disaster, mass casualty, and other emergency situations.
22. Collaborate with others to develop an intervention plan that takes into account determinants of health, available resources, and the range of activities that contribute to health and the prevention of illness, injury, disability, and premature death.
23. Participate in clinical prevention and population ¬focused interventions with attention to effectiveness, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and equity.
24. Advocate for social justice, including a commitment to the health of vulnerable populations and the elimination of health disparities.
25. Use evaluation results to influence the delivery of care, deployment of resources, and to provide input into the development of policies to promote health and prevent disease.” (pp. 20-21, 24-25 SEE ATTACHMENT)
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more